Vodafone are awful and i hate the N97

ben-mercury

May 21, 2010
I've just got off the phone from Vodafone who havent been particularly useful.

No doubt they get a lot of these complaints to the point they're bored of reading of N97 problems but here is the story.

My last phone died out of the blue and i wasn't able to retrieve any of the contacts, photos, videos etc that were saved on it. Understandably upset by this. VOdafone service had not been good up to this point either so i was going to move to O2 and get an i-phone.

At a vodafone store i was implored to stay on and told the N97 was better in many ways to the iphone, and was a mini computer etc etc

So i got it and have had problem after probelm. after complaining on numerous occasions i am no closer to a satisfactory solution.

Whilst i understand there were many software issues with the N97 these problems have been recurring, even whilst required software is completely up to date.

1. The phone regularly crashes when taking calls once the slider has been moved across. I then have to take out the battery and restart.

2. I am not able to pick up calls due to the touch screen not working.

3. The phone tells me there is not emough memory. This is after i have deleted all my text messages, deleted any recordings/songs videos/apps!!

4. This also means there sint space to add optional upgrades

5. I do not take photos/videos due to lack of memory

6. I do not use the walkman (so called) capabilities due to not having the space.

7. I dont not use the interent as this is likely to clogg up the caches or memory

8.Along with the crashing one of the most frustrating things is that the phone doesnt recognise my contacts but rather tells me the number that is calling. Meaning i never know who i am picking up to.

9. GPS is glacierally slow to the point its not worth using.

10. The phone doesnt charge properly and is unreliable. Whilst disconnected in my pocket, the phone often indicates it is still charging.

11. Often after leaving it to charge over night and the handset saying it is fully charged. I then find it hasnt charged much at all and dies.

12. The N97 isnt compatible with macs, so i cant synch anything off my computer. No calendar details, no music etc. Initially when wanting to put music on i had to use my friends pc. And have to use it for updates etc.

13. Texts are sometimes not sent for hours after i send them and i then receive replies in a barrage, even if i have good signal.

14. I havent come close to using any apps, as dont have space and would be too slow. No games useful tech-apps etc!

15. The quality of the camera is really poor with a bad of light through the middle for no apparent reason.

The list goes on and on.

Vodafone have pulled this phone due to its blatant hardware issues. Its a rubbish phone! And no doubt nokia were in a rush to get alternative replacement handsets on the shelves as soon as possible, as so many people were encountering problems.

IF VODAFONE/NOKIA DECIDED THE PHONE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH TO SELL/OFFER CUSTOMERS. WHY HASNT IT BEEN RECALLED?

Or customers asked if they were experiencing faults and if the case offered an alternative phone.

I have spent so much with vodafone and expect a phone that does the bare minimum functions. Let alone the smart phone functions that i was promised and am still paying for.

When i ring customer services, they listen blankly and then regurgitates the same spin - "That we can repair it and send it back. This has to be done 3 times before we can give you a nother phone" I don't want it back! I wanta a phone that works without jumping through vodafone protocol and redtape.

The customer service reps act like an automated response call. Whole, "computer says no" scenario - massively frustrasting!!

When will vodafone realise that there customers are paying them hundreds and hundreds of pounds and expect some kind of wuality of service as well as the phones to function as they were advertised!!!

If any of the public read this. If for some reason you might be getting an N97. Don't do it! And dont expect any kind of service from vodafone.

I am now sending the phone is for analysis and repair. I then intend to cancel my contract, or at the least have an iphone or a phone that does what i was promised.

If i dont get a phone that works i will have to look into office of fair trading.