Freecycle

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
Some of you may already be members of or familiar with Freecycle. I found out about it a few years ago and have been an avid member. It is a worldwide organisation and there should be a group in your area.

Basically you join your nearest area and then you can advertise items that you want/need - and they are all FREE. It is a form of recycling which I think is really good. For example my vaccum broke and I put a message online to ask if anyone had one they were discarding- a local woman replied that I could have her Dyson she was about to skip. It has a bit of tape on it but apart from that it works like a dream.

You can find some weird and wonderful stuff- I have even seen people offering cars and animals free to good home. Of course if you have anything you are about to throw out it is worth putting it on Freecycle- it may be that someone needs what you no longer want.

You can find more information or join at

The Freecycle Network

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
We have a really active freecycle group where I am. I've found it useful to get rid of a few things that would otherwise have gone in the bin, but I usually prefer to sell second-hand stuff if it has any value via car boot / ebay. :D