Mobiles.co.uk Contract

Neo1607

Jun 7, 2010
Hi there, Thursday afternoon last week i purchased a HTC Desire t-mobile contract from mobiles.co.uk, i recieved it today (monday). Upon opening the packaging and inserting the simcard into my phone i noticed i wasn't getting a very good signal. 2 bars outside at max, and virtually none inside.

I phoned t-mobile and spoke to a very friendly woman who informed me that t-mobile has next to no coverage in my area (3 bars of 2g at max, and no 3g coverage). I enquired to the woman about cancelling and she said that mobiles.co.uk are pretty strict about returns, however she says that i should have a valid reason to return as i was mis-sold a product as it should have been their (mobiles.co.uk) job to check coverage in my area before sending me the product.

I registered on the "my t-mobile" site and it shows i have used 3x 578kb of data (probably the phone syncing with google servers) and 1 call to 150.

Question is, Do i have a valid reason to return the phone as the woman at t-mobile suggested, i mean a normal phone is useless enough on 2bars of 2g, but an android smartphone is basically useless unless i have 3G in my area, How would i go about asking for a return when i phone them tomorrow?