The best offer?

Will

May 5, 2008
Not sure I use Plusnet very pleased with them - I guess it depends what you use your broadband for?

Will

gkd_uk

May 6, 2008
I think this is a good deal.

I pay £19.99 per month with Tiscali.

Upto 8MB broadband (depending on whether your line supports 8MB)
Free UK landline calls and international calls to certain countries such as Germany, France etc
Free Line rental

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Plusnet Option 1

If you want the cheapest I can personally recommend Plusnet. Their option 1 is only £9.99 per month, although you are limited to 1GB per month from 8am till midnight. It depends on your surfing habits

scrooge

Dec 2, 2008
Can't really say that there is a definative answer to that question but i would suggest stiring cleear of Talk Talk! The deals my seem amazing but you'll probabaly find it more trouble than it's worth.

scotchlass

Facilitator
Sep 5, 2008
I'm with BT and even though they cost a bit more than others their service is brilliant. We have a great speed and have never lost connection. We live ina rural area and I would have expected it to be slow but it is quicker than when I lived in a town! We get unlimited usage which is great too!

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I was with Plusnet for years, they are really good but they are owned by BT now!!

As I was paying £30 a month (we have a network) I just transferred to Sky, saving about £30 overall on phone and BB, hope it wasn't a bad move - I'll let you know .

I agree about TalkTalk, avoid them like the plague.

Also be wary of free laptop offers, you will pay the cost of the laptop in about 12 months

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I did not know that Plusnet were owned by BT... I am with Plusnet will probably transfer to someone else now. Never forgiven BT for my £250 phone bill five years ago (long story)

Tony

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Sky Internet

I'm with Sky Witch consumer, I used to be with AOL, but it was much cheaper for me to get my phone and internet with Sky alongside my TV package, than to get them separately with BT and AOL.

The service is pretty good. I find it a little more basic than AOL and the speeds were not as good initially. However I changed to a quicker Wireless Network adapter on my PC and that has sped things up considerably. I think Sky's router doesn't communicate too well with some wireless adaptors (I had real problems getting it to talk to my old Belkin one for a while).

The one moan I have is that Sky's service does seem to go down, for just a few seconds, fairly often. It is more of an irritant than a problem and I wonder if my archaic phone line may be playing a part too. Other than that the service is pretty decent. I don't think it is quite as good as some of the others in terms of features and ease of use, but it is considerably cheaper and just as quick.

Superbutter

Jan 26, 2009
I with currently with BE internet. They provide pretty cheap unlimited broadband at £13.50 a month with 8 meg download speed and are pretty reliable. Altho just recently our internet speeds have seemed to slow right down!! so i need to get on the phone to them and find out why :mad: . They only provide internet in certain parts of the UK so you need to enter your postcode to see if you are able.

kris1anne

Jan 29, 2009
I hate BT with a passion that consumes me quite frankly. They are without shadow of a doubt the worst providers on the market and I could happily say bad things about them all day, thanks to a £1000.00 bill and debt collectors calling on my doorstep that I didnt spend, they said they would investigate, never did, then just kept hounding me for. In the end I paid them off to stop the stress and nightmare but I would never tell anyone to use them for anything. We are with Virgin, who are not brilliant at service but the products are faultless. Just make sure you check your small print. They will charge extra for line rentals etc and do not shout about it.