Harveys nightmare - anything i can do?

totallyfedup

Jun 25, 2010
We purchased a 3+2 seater sofa back in September 2009 which was delivered in the November. By the beginning of December we noticed that the stitching on both the sofas was fraying so we contacted Harveys and after eventually getting through they agreed to send inspector out. This happened on 5th January & was told that would hear in approx 7-10 working days about either replacement cushions or complete sofas.
Since that date, Harveys have not contacted me ONCE! I have been doing all the chasing about, phone calls, written letters, cab, consumer direct and nobody seems to be fully aware of the rules!
I never get through to customer services but did phone the store in March and got told that a replacement had been ordered but cancelled?! I then contacted when all the coverage was on Watchdog so took advantage of the week or so that they did respond when I was told that 'as I had agreed to the re-order in April I could not have a refund....WHAT! I didnt even know about a re-order in April so how did I agree when nobody contacts me!
I have sent legal letters & got the finance company involved but to no avail, apparently I have got to accept a replacement...is this correct? What happened to the 'replace or repair within a reasonable time frame & with no inconvenience' part of my statutory rights. This is a total nightmare! I do not want a replacement as the overall quality of the sofa is rubbish, not just the frayed stitching so I just know something would be wrong with the next one and I would have to start the process all over again. Any more I can do?