Adverts on TV, in TV, are TV.

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Just when you thought it was safe to watch programmes on Sky Plus to avoid the adverts...

ITV plots future in which there is no escape from ads - Times Online

This hasn't been thought through really has it? I mean would you want to watch a particularly delicate episode of Vets In Practice, watching Trude help a cow birth her calf, while "Buy Fray Bentos!" whizzes across the sky? It is bad enough with most Sports on Television nowadays, which is basically an hour or two of ladies and gents plastered in adverts running around, or cars plastered in adverts driving around. Most prime time shows are now "sponsored by" someone whose intro's we are subjected to as the show starts, ends and in every advert break. When is enough going to be enough?

What is the odds now that another company will come out with another piece of software that will remove the adverts from the television for us, for a "small cost" of course!

pokerface

Oct 1, 2008
That is pretty cool technology, albeit for uncool reasons. All a bit too subliminal for my liking

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
This is clever stuff. I wonder what the original producers would think with adverts for coke appearing on the wall in the background of a period drama. The logical next step is to relate the ads to what you have been searching for on the web and the websites you had been looking at... Big Brother

Tony

Last edited: