Unenforcable Credit card contracts?

ritty

Aug 9, 2010
Hi, I have 2 credit cards with barclays and have had for around 5 years with a combind balance of nearly 6000. I was recently contacted by claimspeople.co.uk asking me about PPI for a loan etc and as I was about to hang up, he mentioned some details regarding the credit cards that i have and i was curious as to how he knew these details ie who the cards were with etc and so continued the call.

I asked how he knew these details and he said that basic details (not personal) are on a database that companies like them can view anytime. He then went on to ask if my lender had ever changed the credit limits either up or down without my permission, which they have. He told me that they could take a glance at my contracts if i revealed the account numbers so they could check for breaches in the contract and see if they were unenforcable. I was sceptical but curious so told him to call back later so i had enough time to do a search on their company.

I couldnt find any negative info on them anywhere on the net so when he called back i gave him the account numbers. He called back next day and reported their were breaches on both contracts and that if i paid 395 plus vat per account there solicitors would take on the case and get the balances settled. He also mentioned they have NEVER lost a case taken on and offer a full refund policy. I have yet to pay the money as it seems to good to be true and so i have continued looking for negative feedback, but there isnt any.

Has anyone had experience with them or a compnay like them or does anyone know if this loophole is valid? It is clearly in my favour to do this if its genuine but i dont want to jump in head first and have my pants pulled down and find out ive been conned.

Any comments/advice appreciated.

Ritty