Another liability thing, cash for crash?

rubberduck

Sep 7, 2010
Can anyone advise a little on the following please, reading the other threads too i feel about time the insurance companies fought for us when we've been a victim as much as they do for our custom...

Following flat bed van with steel tail lift braking alot full of scrap metal, kept distance, stopped around 10ft behind vehicle at traffic lights.

Reverse lights lit up and despite me using the van horn continuously, he reversed into my van writing it off it turns out.

He admitted fault saying didnt see you in mirror, gave me insurance details so i thought fair enough.

Now said he was stationary at the time and i hit him.

Insurance want to settle 50/50 but im foaming, why should i lose out, im a genuine father of 3 trying to make an honest living,

Ive provided them with details like, he wasnt the policy holder, he was carrying waste obscuring view and prob without waste license, it was a personal use policy not commercial, and vehicles weighed in at a scrap yard my friend runs over 30 times this year, theyre far from honest.

Ive even put leaflets through doors along the roadside appealing for witnesses, hardly a behaviour of at at fault motorist.

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated, i dont think i could make my business viable come renewal time and that makes me even more determined to get justice, why should i struggle, bet theres a couple whiplash claims underway,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers