They should fix or replace it.

qurious

Oct 13, 2010
My son purchased a Hi-Grade computer from Empire Stores at a cost of £479 and an extended warranty at £141. After 2 months and 1 week the laptop broke down, it cannot be used at all and it says boot manager is missing. I rang Empire Stores and they gave me the number of the after sales service. I rang them and they said they would make up a boot disk and send it to him but they had to wait for blank CDs to come in. After 2 weeks and three phone calls ,lots of excuses, the CDs still aren't in. I rang CAB and they told me to ring Empire Stores as the contract was with them and it could come under the 'not fit for purpose clause' I rang Empire Stores and told them I was being fobbed off by the after sales service and on seeking legal advice was told that this comes under the 'not fit for purpose' clause, the man at Empire Stores told me he would put me through to their tech' people but said he couldn't get through, asked for my phone number and said they would ring me within 24 hours, they did'nt. The customer now doesn't want the laptop and my complaint's are being ignored. If he is left with the laptop that doesn't work at all and no attempt is made to repair it, can he refuse to pay for the pc and extended warranty and what is the legal position on this.

Jostar

Sep 20, 2010
www.postgoldforcash.com
I would suggest that you write a letter stating everything you have said here, including dates if you have them, records of your calls and who you spoke to if you took their names, record of the legal information you recieved and who from and send it to their head office recorded delivery. This will provide proof of your letter if they suggest you didnt send one. Its important to have some kind of proof of the date of complaint as if not you are in danger of them dragging this on so long that the warrantly runs out.

Whatever you do dont give up. I would suggest writing maybe better other wise by telephoning you may just get to call centre workers, who will not really be able to help you i would guess.

Hope you have some success