Avoid digitalHDMI.co.uk

Kentigern

Oct 16, 2010
I feel the need to share my experience with digitalHDMI.co.uk. I cancelled an order for a TV (£1200+) with these guys after nearly seven days having not received a delivery date or any replies to emails or telephone calls. I did so under the provisions of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 . I then did get a phone call from them promising delivery in a further seven days. having already found bad reports about the company elsewhere I stuck to my guns and insisted on my right to a refund.

I have just received that refund eight weeks after requesting it. This followed many telephone calls, invariably to an answerphone and no return call, and unanswered emails. Eventually, on the advice of the West Midlands Trading Standards I wrote to them again, recorded delivery to 6 Pattingham Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 8DD, threatening court action. Then recently, miracle of miracle someone picked up the phone when I rang them. It took all my willpower to remain polite, but I did, and got a promise of some action. Two weeks later I have my money back, but no apology.

I have no proof that they wilfully retained my money, but I do suspect it. I am absolutely certain that their customer service is absolutely appalling. They might be a few pounds cheaper, but I would strongly recommend not dealing with this outfit.

Incidentally I made my payment via Barclaycard, who were also absolutely useless. They took weeks faffing around only to decide that, as I had cancelled the order, I had breached the contract and so the liability that they shared as the credit provider no longer applied. From reading elsewhere I see that PayPal have a different attitude, which is encouraging.