HTC HD2 - numerous issues. How can I address them under the sales of goods act?

WilsonA

Oct 18, 2010
Hi All

My first post, so a big hello to everyone to begin with.

Id like to provide a list of problems I have had with a HTC HD2 phone i purchased from mobiles.co.uk on Vodafone about 11 months ago.

I have had nothing but problems with the device for quite a while now:

heres some extracts from my support request to Vodafone:

1) Requested a check on 3 postcodes for signal strength.

Ive spoken to a customer services rep at Vodafone some time ago on this and it was reported that I was in a variable signal area. I find it strange that 2 areas that I checked, and it seems the third (imagine 3 corners of a triange, the 3 areas are 10-15 miles apart on the corners of the triangle) are both classed as 'variable signal areas'. I can go from full signal to nothing for minutes at a time.

2) asked VF if they have a record of network activity on my phone to see when i lose signal etc

3) Ive tried doing the manual network selection advice i found on the forums to no avail

Also got a couple of other issues:

1) Handset freezing during general use
2) Not being able to unlock it - swipe the unlock button and it freezes for minutes at at a time
3) Messages not sending - usually goes with no signal then theres no way to send them after they get stuck in the outbox. Occasionally they will autosend once signal is back though usually requires a reboot and having to send a message to trigger those ones to go
4) messages not delivering - seem to just disappear into the nether
5) Messages not delivering when theyre more than 160 characters though reporting as sent AND getting delivery report - this appears to be random
6) messages sending and not being received by recipient and no delivery report. If its possible to see my account activity ive send messages at 22:08, 22:19, 22:54, and 23:15 today, none of which have been received and no delivery reports. It isnt their phone as they received other messages from people during the above period as I called to check.

Im running Windows Mobile on the device with no addons etc and have done nothing to void the warranty.

Im running the latest ROM provided by HTC on their support pages.

I am looking for some advice if possible under the SoG Act as to what comeback I have for either getting the device repaired or replaced or getting out of my contract early.

In my opinion the device is not fit for use, due to the number of software and performance bugs it seems to have.
If the fault is with the hardware, would this class as an inherent fault and under the Act allow me to claim a refund for the device and cancel the remainder of my contract? Im not looking at getting back my line rental for the last year as I accept I have got a service I paid for, though the device did cost £200 along with the £15 a month SIM

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

WilsonA