Faulty TECHNIKA 40" LCD!!

Dmg_uk

Oct 29, 2010
Firstly I would like to say thank you to the founder of this wonderfully helpfull website, I never knew what the Sale of Goods Act were untill now, so thank you for letting me sign up for free and seak help for my problem which is as follows....

I purchased a 40 inch TECHNIKA LCD from Tesco's in 2007 (I hope it's ok to use the retailers names, if not I apologise in advance) It cost me £500 and it worked perfectly for the first year/ year and a half, and then it just wouldn't come on, because my guarantee had run out and because I was dealing with a tragic event in the family at the time I didn't bother to pursue the matter any further and just put the TV into a spare room I had, bought a new one and moved on as if nothing happend, however last week I decided to plug the TV in just to see what would happen and to my amazement it was working fine, for 3 days that was untill the same problem came up again, I have contacted Tesco directly also I sent an email to their C.E.O after finding his email online, in the email I made sure they knew my Rights and I thretned to take legal action if the matter wasn't dealt with accordinly, after only 2 hours I recieved a call from the Head Office, he has emailed me a form that I need to fill in with my "proof of purchase" info to send back to get the ball rolling, I am confident I am going to get good results, all this because I spent the time to read online what exactly I am entitled to, thanks to this website, just want to let me people know, don't take no for an answer, if you persist, say the right things in the email, you will get their attention, if anybody has any defaults with electrical appliances and need help putting together a strong email that will get their attention feel free to email me as it was quite rewarding for myself getting a response so quickly after 3 years, so good luck guys :) I will come back and let you know what happens after I have recieved these forms and sent them back.