2nd hand honda car

Higgy103

Nov 7, 2010
Hello all im new to this site.

The reason I have came to this forum is for advice. Around 4 months ago I bought a 2 ½ old Honda car from a main dealer in Scotland. The car came with the 6month warranty plus another 6 months on top of that.
I stay in England, within a week of having the car I was having problems with the warning light coming on. Not just one warning light but all of the lights, this includes seatbelts, traction control, oil, ABS, engine warning light, hand break. When this starts the speedometer, revs meter and water temperature gauge stops working, thus making the car unsafe to drive.
When this first happened I spoke to the garage in Scotland where I bought the car and they said the warranty would cover it. The car has been in and out of the local Honda garage in England over the last few months as it is an intermittent problem.
The garage has said that they are unsure of what the problem is now. I have contacted the garage where I purchased the car and they said that they would trade this car in against another, the problem is that they have offered me nearly £3000 less than what I purchased the car for. Can this be right as the car has never been right from the day and hour I bought the car and as I have mentioned above the car is unsafe to drive when the fault lights come on.
I have constantly had to take time of work to take the car to the garage and pick it up. Only recently I have asked for a courtesy car. I have also contacted Honda UK who will look into my complaint.

Can I please have some help on this matter?

Thanks

Higgy103

Nov 7, 2010
Yes I bought it from parks of Hamilton, who is a honda dealer in scotland.

Can't believe that they can do what they are doing. I tought that I was the victim not the garage.

nmonline

Oct 24, 2010
Brush up on the Sale of Goods act - you'll find it on this site, although not sure if Scotland is covered by the same law. Then write to the Dealer Principal / General Manager and state that if they cannot remedy the car's faults you require a replacement of equal spec / value, or a full refund. You will probably encounter some resistance, but persevere and you'll get satisfaction. A call to the local trading stndards, or Scottish equivalent will probably help.