Received Fake Goods!

rozzski999

Dec 8, 2010
Hi,

I run an EBAY shop selling small electrical items.

I recently placed an order via DHGATE (Large Chinese Wholesaler) for 100 unbranded memory cards 32 GB in size, this cost me £1200.00.

Delivered within 3 days perfect.

Apart from the fact all the cards are only 512 KB in size but all marked up as 32 GB.

The seller has said return them for a full refund- but refuses to pay my postage- this would cost me £90.00 via DHL to return them. MY worry is I return them as still do not get a refund from the seller.

Its a lot of money now tied up in libo which I urgently need back to purchase new stock.

I paid in full on my Lloyds credit card- I have heard under Section 75 (?) I may be able to claim this money back and the credit card company then claims it back from DHGATE, or they issue a charge back?

Any advice please!

Bob

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
the consumer is protected under the regulations within the cooling off period. Once the period has expired, the Sale of Goods Act 1979 then protects the consumer. Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, the goods must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.

Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

If the goods are faulty, the consumer can ask either for a refund, or for the goods to be repaired or replaced at no cost to them, or for compensation.

Hope this helps.
Adam.

rozzski999

Dec 8, 2010
Hi,

But does this cover transactions abroad?

Would I be able to claim back through my credit card company?