Sony Bravia bought from Comet

lesleyk

Jan 5, 2011
We bought a sony 37" Bravia from Comet in May 2010 ready for the world cup! On December 30th we could not get any picture and the sound was on high volume and we could not control it. My Husband took it back to the Comet store that we purchased it from with the original receipt only to be told that they could not replace it we had to call the service team who would come out and repair it. My husband came home and did what they asked only to be told that an engineer could not come out until 3 Jan 2010. The engineer did come out only to tell us the main PCB board had gone and that he could not repair it there and then and that he would have to call us back tomorrow. The engineer did call back to tell us that he could not source this part anywhere in the UK. We have now been told from Comet that they do not give out loan sets and we have to wait. I called the complaints dept to ask why they do not give out loan sets or repalcements while tv's are being repaired he could not give an answer only that it was not company policy.I was advised that Comet have to pursue every ave to repair the set I asked what a reasonable amount of time this would be and I was not given answer I was advised that we were penciled in for 12/1 but I do not know what this is for. I suppose by the 12/1 that would be 2 weeks without a TV. I need to know what our rights are after 2 weeks are we entitled to ask for a refund or replacment? Comet also stated that nowhere on any of their documentation or website did they inform you that you would not get a loan or replacment set when other companies this is standard procedure.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Lesleyk