Apple MacBook RepairRepairRepair...

swaineeee

Jan 14, 2011
I purchased a Apple MacBook on the 7th February 2010 from PC World, Wakefield, at the cost of £819.00

During the summer the screen and rubber bottom was replaced due to cracking on the back of the screen and the rubber peeling away, i researched both these problems beforehand and found out that both of them are common problems on the MacBook. After a few 40 mile trips to the nearest Apple Store, the Genius Bar replaced both at no cost. On fixing both these problems i was only to realise when i got home that my WiFi antenna had not been plugged in after screen replacement, this meant i could not use my MacBook on the Internet at all, and after another 40 mile trip the antenna was plugged back in.

Now further 5 months later, my microphone has a fault, the screen has cracked again, and also loose on the hindge, I will now be faced with another journey to the Apple Store in Meadowhall, wasting time and money getting the problem rectify-ed again.

I am sure you will agree that with such a considerable outlay for the MacBook in the first place this situation is unacceptable.

I have lost confidence in the MacBook and believe that the screen cracking is a design error which can be rectify-ed by replacing the screen, although this is only a short term solution which is not acceptable.

I phoned AppleCare on Thursday 13th January and representive said that all they can do is replace the screen again, fix the hinge and look at the microphone, Is this acceptable? I THINK NOT!

Is there any part of the Consumer Rights Act that states after so many repairs im entitled to a replacement MacBook?

Any infomation would be so useful, if you could reply to this, or tap me a email to Josh(AT)lumbsqualityicecream.co.uk

Many thanks in advance.