DirectTVs.co.uk - awful customer service!

savvyshopper456

Feb 3, 2011
Hi All,

I've posted my experience as a warning for others! Let me know if you've had similar troubles.
:)

I ordered an LED TV from Direct TV's back in December. They took payment (and charged all of their additional fees) on the order date but it took weeks for the TV to come in to stock.

As if that wasn't an omen of things to come, once the TV arrived it had a manufacturing defect.

At first Direct TV's tried to charge me for collection of the faulty item and then added another fee for redelivery of the replacement! After several phone calls they eventually agreed to waive these fees. This was only after a long discussion on their flagrant abuse of Sales of Goods Act 1979.

I finally thought the end was in sight when they promised to replace the TV, but then another problem cropped up. I was told by Direct TV's that the manufacturer had stopped producing the TV I had ordered and so they could only offer me a different (inferior) model. Needless to say that when I contacted the manufacturer to check this statement, it was news to them that they had discontinued their new range.

Frustrated and now in the third month of this saga I requested a full refund. However, Direct TV's were adamant that they would only refund the cost of the TV and not all of the extras fees that had been added to the bill. It was not until I threatened legal action over their practices (that contravene the Sales of Goods Act 1979) that I finally was promised a full refund.

Beware, this company has no concept of consumer rights! And remember, where goods are faulty or not fit for purpose the consumer should not be left out of pocket.