Curry's Faulty TV

malley

Feb 7, 2011
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

Xmas of 2009 we purchased a flat screen TV (22") for my mother, and a month ago, the TV developed a fault (having to turn the power on and off at the plug socket until the TV would power up).

The TV is only a few weeks out of warrantee, but I phoned Curry’s quoting “Goods of sales act 1979” and was put in touch with their legal department, who then told me that they would charge £60 and if the fault is with the TV and not something that has been caused, the money would be refunded and TV fixed and will be called within 7 days by their repairs department who will tell me what to do next.

A couple of days later I got a call and was told to take the TV to one of their shops since it's not very big and they can sort it out from there.

I took the TV to a Curry’s shop in town and explained the situation to the shop manager, who then told me that I had to get the TV repaired at an independent TV repair shop and send the report to them because it stops them from be biased.

Also it wasn’t the original TV that had been purchased, that had to be taken back because there was no screws for mounting the base and they had none of those TV’s left in stock and we had to accept another brand as replacement, which cost more, the sales person told us, we can use the “What ever Happens” extended warrantee that we purchased to help pay the price offset.

Now I'm not sure on what information to follow or what to do next, I’ve got a feeling that I’m going to be given the run around with this.

Anyone got any advice on what to do next?

TIA

malley