curtains for my curtains

alfieb

Feb 9, 2011
I recently purchased a pair of curtains from Dunelms. They were described as "luxury ready made curtains" but it wasn't until they were hung that we could see they were far from luxurious in fact they were poorly made the patterns had not been matched and sagged where the hooks were. They don't look anything like the picture on the front of the pack, they cost £120. But when we returned them the store manager was adamant that they ok and because we had hung them she wouldn't give us a refund despite two members of staff and a bystander saying they considered they were unacceptable. Anyone got any ideas where we should go from here

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,

easiest thing for you to do is to write a letter of complaint to head office of Dunelm, explain the situation, say you want a refund. and ONLY providing that you are willing to take the matter further, then say so in your letter. (but be nice about it)
Photocopy your letter as proof, send it signed for / next day so it is recorded.

Chances are that you'll get a letter back with the resolution,
if the resolution isnt to your standard or that they refuse a refund, you can take the matter to a Small Claims Court,... Alternatively you could get a solicitor to write a letter to Dunelm asking for the refund (you're letter should be enough though)

tigersgirl007

Aug 21, 2012
what was the outcome of your complaint as ive posted a thread about made to measure curtains i purchased from Montgomery