Second hand car dealer problem

sparkazz_2005

Feb 23, 2011
I purchased my second hand car, a 2002 Saab 9-3 2litre turbo on saturday from a second hand car dealer, before purchasing the vehicle the dealer advised that the throttle control body had a fault and that it would be fixed for me collecting the vehicle. I picked the vehicle up on Saturday and the engine management light that showed the fault had been switched off so i thought all was well. I left the dealers garage and filled up with £50 of petrol at £1.28 a litre, however between saturday and sunday i had used quarter of a tank of petrol and had done 38 miles, I then contacted the dealer to voice my concern he said everyting was fine so i got my friend a mechanic put it on diagnostic and confirmed that the same fault was present on the throttle body causing my car to rev high on idle. I took the car to the dealer and voiced my concerns only to be told that my waranty didnt cover this and that i wasn't entitled to the vehicle being repaired or a refund can anyone advise me of my rights. Bearing in mind i notified him on Sunday of my concerns and that i have only had the vehicle 4 days.
thanks

jill bussell

Mar 17, 2011
i to have bought a car from jls in bangor i have since found out that i paid over the odds for it,and the repairs have still not been done they keep saying they ae trying to get the car. but in the mean time the engine management light wont go off and when i took it a garage i was told the suspention arm has gone on it to and i have only had it since january and the faults where there when we veiwed the car they said they would have it sorted before we picked it up can anyone help