Item listed as £0.00 on website - T&C met

Mrsbizkit

Mar 20, 2011
Hi.

I know there have been a few posts about this before but my question is slightly different (I think).

Yes I saw an item for £0.00 and brought a few. The T&C part is what I'm wondering about. The website says "Acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur once we accept your order and you will receive an email to this effect." Well . . . I have had my order accepted and have an e-mail to this effect. It states I purchased 2 items at £0.00 each and with £3.50 delivery my order total is £3.50. I have had £3.50 taken from my account. Do they now have to honour my purchase?

I have received an email saying "I am sure you will clearly see that it says that the overall cost is Price On Application as this depends on the price of Gold at the time of the order.

Therefore I will contact you later today with the overall cost of the order
and then confirm if you wish to go ahead."

I checked and the website says to contact for a price of the item in gold - however surely then it should no be listed as £0.00 as you should not be able to put it in your basket & purchase it. At no point during my transaction did I get the message about being contacted for a price at a later date.