Arnold Clarke

inti

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I'm in a dilemma, where in one hand it's my son's fault but at the same time the fault of the company who traded in my car without my prior knowledge.

My son went into AC purchased a vehicle and traded in my old car, even though I was on the logbook as first driver, which bounds me obviously the owner of the car which I am. The deal was done, the financed verified and gone through, to my disgust the sales-person should of looked at the logbook that was on my name, but was signed over by my son's initial which are different to mine.

I was so disgusted the sales-person did not see the legal requirement, which states legal owner has to be present to sign on the V5C/3 of the log book stating I'm happy to sell the motor vehicle.

Please can somebody tell me what I can do, as I'm not happy and wanting my vehicle back, the deal for the new car was done 26/03/11.

Any guidance will be of great magnitude.

Regards

inti

Mar 27, 2011
It has also come to my attention, the insurance documents that were faxed over to Arnold Clarke were on my name. This clearly indicates that the car was released uninsured taxed on my name and financed on my sons name. I believe this is a breach of releasing an insured vehicle without my knowledge.

I am still awaiting for advice on this matter, can some one assist me please.

Regards.

T.C

Jan 5, 2011
My legal expertise does not extend to what appears to be misrepresentation, maybe even fraud on the part of the dealer.

You would be well adviced to seek advice from your local CAB who often have surgeries with a local solicitor present, or speak to your local Trading Standards officer who will be able to give you sound and proper advice.