autoquake warranty

mikeouk

Mar 28, 2011
hi all.
Im hoping someone here can give me solid advice regarding an extended used car warranty i purchased from autoquake who have gone into administration.
As far as i was concerned I was buying the warranty from carcare plan,the booklet states that the warranty is "administered" by car care plan, im now not quite sure what this means after receiving a letter from the company handling the administration of autoquake stating that the warranty is now void.
I added the cost of the warranty to my finance agreement,(£609) after looking at the documents, the warranty isnt itemised, it is however on the sales invoice. I also paid a £1000 deposit on my credit card so do i have any come back through the finance company or the credit card company?I bought the warranty end of september 2010.
thanks in advance to anyone able to help me here, i need some amunition in place before I start weighing up my options.

T.C

Jan 5, 2011
If you spend over £100 on your credit card, you are usually protected and this would include goods or service purchased from a company which has now gone into administration.

The fact that you paid £1,000 suggests that you are protected and you would be best to speak to your credit card provider who will advise you how the system works and what you need to get a cliam moving.