Help! - how long before you own a product!?

FooBird

May 3, 2011
To cut a long story short, I bought a beanbag (the lounging piece of furniture variety!) as a Christmas present. The beanbag split within 2 days of having it so I called up the (big!) company and arranged for a new one to be delivered - I was told it would be a 'doorstep exchange', new for old - fine. However on delivering the new one, the driver said that he could not take the old one, someone else would be back for that.

Well, 2 other seperate occassions were arranged to get the old one collected and no-one showed up for it - extremely poor, particularly as people had to take time off work/re-arrange plans to stay in to wait. That was in January, so by March we figured no-one was coming, stitched it up and started using it.

Now the company have got in touch to say they want to collect (as far as I'm concerned they've already had 3 opportunities and I'm not wasting any more time on it), but does the product legally become mine after a certain amount of time??

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

wolf

May 3, 2011
I am interested to see the reply to this as I am currently in the same position with regards to a TV and have arranged countless days for pick up. This has been ongoing since October and I am now tempted simply to let them take legal means to recover it so I can have my case heard.