sat care uk help!!!!

jenny m

May 13, 2011
i have been took for a mug from these for too long SAT CARE UK called me claiming to be sky protect who i have orginally had and claimed that my policy was up for renewal and would i like to renew it so i didnt think any difference and renewed it giving my card details when asking to confirm them now when i found out months later that i had been had by a different company i tried cancelling this through the bank but this was done using a credit purchase which is harder to cancel, the bank did write off to them and tried to cancel the payment but sat care did write back saying that because it was under the 12 month agreement i would have to pay £60 to cancel or wait the 12 months so i have waited well over the 12 months

i now cannot find any number or address for them to try and cancel the dam thing which i havent needed from the start and have just about given up the only next step i can think of is to cancel my bank account so they cannot get any more money

any help anyone ?

thanks in advance
jenny

speedgunner

Jun 24, 2011
Your Solution is simple, lose your Credit Card or Debit Card and ask for a new as you will be issued with a new long number with the card which will invalidate all the payments made with the old card.

Andy:D

jillyr2

Dec 8, 2011
Does anyone have contact details for this company? I am having the same issues! I want to cancel the payment but as it is a card payment the bank cannot help. I need to contact the company the direct.
Any information gratefully received.
Many thanks

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Satcare UK Ltd

Company number -
6055066 & 7095121
Registered address -
59 Belloc Rd Littlehampton BN17 7EZ or 38 Old Mead Road, Wick, Littlehampton, BN17 7PU
Status -
Dissolved 07/04/2009 & 22/03/2011

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
jillyr2

As Witch consumer states both companies are dissolved which is why I was surprised they were still taking your money. You need to find out the exact name or any other details so I can search the correct information for you. There are several other companies with similar names or it could be that it is a Limited company trading as Satcare. If it is a dissolved company then you need to tell your bank this information.

You need to find out where the payments are going.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
I have done a few more checks and it seems that your money could be going to a dissolved company in which case the people taking the money out are doing it fraudulently. If it transpires that it is one of the dissolved companies that you had a contract with then I would contact the police. If the company is dissolved you no longer have a contract as it is void. I would cancel my cards, accounts etc anything to stop any further payments.

Do check asap which company it is!

jillyr2

Dec 8, 2011
Many thanks for all your help. Have now given my bank all the details and hopefully the payments will stop!
Thanks again.

Lucy Fletcher

Feb 29, 2012
I was also tricked by this company, they called me pretending to be my currect provider and confirmed the first 4 digits of my credit card , i then foolishly gave the rest of the number, i have now found out this is a con trick as all cards from a certain bank have the same 1st 4 digits, i have now been charged £99 twice!! i have written to cancel as i cant get through on the phone, i am now dealing with trading standards , who are already investigating this company and apparently sky are not too happy with them either, but i have found out they have changed their name, i assume to avoid detection from customers,they are now called

Satellite & HomeCare Ltd
Unit G, Heath Place
North Bersted
Bognor Regis
PO22 9SL

Enquiries: 0800 328 8022

They have also started taking money for other household appliances, eg boiler cover, drainage under a different company name, i guess once they have conned enough money these names will change again. Everyone go to trading standards, the more reports they get the quicker these conmen can be closed down

jillyr2

Dec 8, 2011
Sat Care!!! I am still having payments taken from this company. I have spoken to bank and they have been of no help at all!! I have a new card and still the payments are being taken, surely this isnt right as the original card is no longer valid!! I have now contacted the Financial Ombudsman Service. I am also trying to find out what would happen to the payments if I closed the bank account! Barclays have yet to reply to this question.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You are quite correct, you only authorise payments from a particular card so they should be unable to take payments from a new one.

Hopefully the FOS will be able to advise you but may not be able to stop the payments!!!

Perhaps you should seriously consider closing your bank account and going elsewhere.

jillyr2

Dec 8, 2011
I amnaged to speak to this company on this number:

Enquiries: 0800 328 8022
They said I had cancelled the agreement in 2010! I did ask why they were still taking the money. They have said it was because I hadnt put the cancellation in writing. I had but obviously the address they gave me was incorrect. Have informed them that I will be taking legal action to recover the money they have taken. I have recorded the conversation, they told me when I actually cancelled it!! Fingers crossed this is the last of the matter.

allaboutme

Apr 17, 2014
Re: sat care uk

£5 per month kept coming out of my bank each month.
I Googled Sat-care UK and came across this forum.
I found out that it was a SKY protection payment (even though I have not been with SKY for 8 months)
I tried to contact the company, without success
My only alternative was to cancel my debit card and be issued with a new card
I was informed by my bank that Sat-CARE UK had my bank details & they could not stop the payment going out.
So advised by my bank manager to cancel my existing card & be re-issued with another.

Hope this helps
p.s has anybody contacted SKY about these payments? as they riding on the back of SKY name, I would have thought SKY could put a stop to it, I'd phone SKY myself but can not afford to at the minuet. :)