Car back within 24 hrs !.. gutted

STEVIED553

May 14, 2011
Hi All,

I have a now 2 week long issue with a vehicle purchased from Arnold Clark.
I bought a VW Touareg which within 24 hrs threw up an Engine Fault light.
First return saw the Fault "clear", within 2 days it was back.
VW had it for a further 2.5 days and diagnosed a turbo system fault, then changed Boost Sensor, under the 2 months (new purchase A.Clark Warranty).
I had the var less than 13 hrs, and 8 miles and the light was back again, with power loss as the recurrent symptom.
A futher trip back and an email to the manager stating i would reject the car unless it was repaired completely this visit.
They have been pretty good, but anything I 'got out them' had to be asked for!

The latest is a 2nd opinion on the fault and they now have the Car again. (Come Tuesday i will have 'owned it' for two weeks and it has been in my driveway for THREE DAYS.
I may add I am paying 330 per month for the privilege.

My question is this.. If the 2nd opinion agrees that a new Turbo unit is required, can they fit a Re-con unit ? I obviously don't want one, I want a new OEM unit!.. where do I stand with what I am entitled to ?

Many Thanks,

Steve

ExSalesman

May 10, 2011
www.carbuyingguide.org.uk
In buying a used car it is just that - "used" - and none of the components are brand new. Any used car might have faults. Sadly, "warranties" are often not worth the paper they are printed on. The warranty may be an insurance underwritten one or it may not be. If the fault is covered under the warranty they should repair it but I don't think they are obliged to fit "brand new" parts. The faulty part was not brand new to start with so as long as they remove the faulty part and replace it with a part that does work I think that you would be doing OK.