Sony 26inch Help!

was

Jun 1, 2011
Hi guys i emailed comet on a problem i was having with my sony 26inch, i paid 700 pound for it in 2006, this is the email they replied with is below, i am able to get a report showing that it is a manufacture problem. Can somebody help me with a reply?

if this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Response (Glenn Holden) 01/06/2011

Dear Miss Anne

Thank you for your e-mail,

I am sorry to learn that you are having problems with the television which you bought from us on 25 September 2006.

If a fault develops with your product, it is protected by a 12 month guarantee from the date of purchase, which covers the full cost of spare parts and labour. The length of the guarantee is usually sufficient for any technical problems with the product to materialise.

Comet will not charge you for repairs carried out under the guarantee period. However, if the manufacturers’ guarantee or extended warranty on your product has expired, repairs are chargeable.

To move forward in resolving this matter, I would ask you to please contact our service department on telephone number 0844 800 9595. Please select option 3 to arrange for an engineer to call and inspect your appliance.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you and I am confident a member of our service team will be only too pleased to assist you.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) does not require goods to remain fault free or fit for purpose until the end of their accepted working life. It only holds the retailer responsible for faults present at the date of purchase. It does not hold the retailer responsible for faults that develop after purchase, as the Act is not the equivalent of a guarantee.

As the television was purchased more than 6 months ago, the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) requires the purchaser to prove that the fault was present from the date of purchase. In the circumstances, we are unable you meet your request for a free repair or replacement.

If you require any further assistance, please contact me using the Ask a Question facility on the website

Regards,

Glenn Holden
Comet Customer Services