Pet insurance

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
I have just become a Mummy to a new puppy:D, and she comes with six weeks free insurance from the breeder but I want to look into getting insurance from her when this expires. Any tips and things to look out for when buying pet insurance?

Saxon68

Dec 9, 2008
Shop around

Pet insurance sites are the quickest and easiest method.

But an easy method to get discount is to go via the many different comparison sites or cash back sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

KimDo

Dec 15, 2008
I have a very good pet insurance and i am pretty happy with it! Especially if you have an older cat (as i do) its disease can get very expensive.

KimDo

Dec 15, 2008
I too sheltercare. A bit expensive but though very good!
How much do you pay with Pet Plan a year?

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
My sisters dog is insured by More than I think it is...

What they have given her is a tag which the dog wears at all times, which means that if it is involved in an accident or needs veterinary attention at any time, the vet can perform any work necessary without needing to speak to my sister first as the tag means that all work undertaken by the vet is covered automatically by the insurance.

It is highly unlikely that she will ever need this, touch wood, but I know my sister liked this option and it gave her peace of mind.

KimDo

Dec 15, 2008
I think in europe it is now duty to put a chip in every dog so that if the dog runs away or just to recognize the dog at the doctors - i think that is an awesome idea, but i guess i would do it as well with my cat if it would be out doors!

KimDo

Dec 15, 2008
Thank you!
I knew about the tag in public area but I would recommend every dog owner to microchip the dog.