conned

helenlouiseb

Jun 17, 2011
Hi i need some advice, i was purchasing a second hand car from a local garage through a finance company they recieved all the paper work and was told everything had been approved, how ever when they recieved the documents for proof of address ect and did a credit check it was all declined. Prior to this the salesman told me i needed to have the car taxed and i was told to pay the garage £90 plus a £10 charge and they will tax it for me, so i paid them. After the car finance was declined i was told that the garage would claim the tax back and refund me or buy the car tax off me and i would have my refund by monday. In the middle of this a relative lent me a small amount of money to buy a different car from the garage in cash which i did and again paid for more tax.
As i had not had contact from the garge regarding the money i was told i would be given back i phoned them today and was told i could not have a refund as it was not there fault and i would have to claim the tax back my self, i explained that i could not do this as i was not the registerd keeper and they replied neither are we. They said everything was approved although it was not that it was my problem and no way will they refund me the tax. Is there anything i can do as i was assured i would get the money back, plesae help