Faulty TV returned. Shop denies it is faulty.

Skirrow

Jun 24, 2011
So i bought a Samsung UE40D8000 from Beyond Television. The tv was delivered and i set it up to find it had a problem with the panel.(i.imgur.com/Wfzzu.jpg) As you can see from the pictures there is a problem with the top left corner of the screen where at random intervals the panel would flicker a bright spot. The spot varies in size each time from about 1cm to 5cm and is very obviously a fault.

The second issue was a striping effect to the picture where every other line of pixels is darker than the preceding line but only effects half the screen. Very annoying because it darkens the top half of the panel. This is constant from power on and immediately noticeable.

Both faults occur for all sources so the fault is definitely with the tv.

The first thing i did was contact samsung via there website and via their forum on cnet. They told me that this was not normal operation and that i should contact the retailer for assistance.

Now i had only had the tv 2 days when i contacted the company on the and they arranged a collection on monday. I included a detailed account of the faults and included photographs as proof and also a link to the images above. After not hearing from them i emailed them thursday and got the following response:

"Sorry for the delayed response. The unit has been tested several times however we cannot seem to find a fault.

We can arrange to send the unit back you but there will be a re-delivery fee involved or we can keep the unit but there will be a re-stocking fee.

Please advise what you would like to do?"

So even with photographic evidence and one of the issues being immediately evident as soon as the tv is switched on, they deny the tv is faulty and they want me to either PAY to have the faulty TV returned to me or PAY for them to keep it. I've emailed them to ask for a replacement and included more photo's i took documenting the faults but wont hear back till monday. (tried ringing but they refused to put me through to customer service since its email only. I highly doubt that)

Bear in mind that from delivery to return was 6 days.

What are my options here? should they not have offered a replacement in the first place?