Logitech diNovo Edge Keyboard

cmcg

Jul 6, 2011
St Leonards-On-Sea
Please could someone offer some advice?

I was bought a Logitech diNovo Edge Keyboard as a Christmas present some 18 months ago and it has now developed a fault with one of the keys, it's the left mouse click (fairly vital) As it was a Christmas present I do not have the original invoice or any paperwork for the device and the person who bought it has actually passed away, so I will not be able to go down that route of asking for the info.

To cut a long story short, I contacted Logitech who told me the item is indeed still under warranty (3 years) and can be replaced through the normal returns procedure. One of the things they have asked for is the original invoice. I told them the problem and have been informed they cannot go any further as I am unable to produce the required paperwork.

They have however offered me a 35% discount on any purchase made from the Logitech website as a gesture of good will. These keyboards are/were very expensive when new and I'm a bit reluctant to purchase another one if they are not prepared to honour a warranty agreement. It seems very unfair. What are my rights and what should I do?

Many thanks,

Chris.

Tony Davenport

Sep 5, 2011
Read the warranty slip, or try to find online. If it doesn't mention the requirement to produce a proof of purchase then I would shout "breach of contract" at them. If they know it is still under warranty I am guessing you gave them some kind of serial number for them to be able to validate this. The point is if they have admitted that it is still under warranty, they should be fixing it, not trying to get you to jump through hoops.