Hello

eeyorebob

Aug 15, 2011
Just jumping in to say hello :)

I love these sort of sites, where we can all help each other with complaining and helping etc :)

I used to work in the Insurance sector so you may find me popping up in threads on there :)

Anne_Smith

Aug 19, 2011
Hi Everyone~
Glad to be on board this awesome site. I'm sure we'll all be able to learn and share off each other for everyone's benefit.
This is Anne from Bristol btw :)

Anne_Smith

Aug 19, 2011
Anyone here have any experience buying from Simply Electronics? I made a purchase over the weekend for a Panasonic FZ45 camera but still haven't received it (4 days on). I contacted their staff to be told it may take 2 more days for an item showing in stock. Now having checked online I see they have mixed reviews
Hope im on the right forum here :eek:

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
Hi Ane

Simply Electronics is not registered in the UK. It appears to be a Hong Kong company and you agree to be subject to Hong Kong law if there is any dispute. I personally would only deal with companies that are subject to the law of England for obvious reasons. Do not know any more than that at this moment.

Anne_Smith

Aug 19, 2011
Just to update you all, i got my camera on Saturday!! Yes, and super pleased with it. It has the CE mark on it, proper warranty card and all the accessories. I am amazed at the level of negative feedback this company has. And you are right trickygj they are Hong Kong based. Given this experience alone i cannot fault them. I got tracking id on Friday and it was here on Saturday. I'll most likely use them again personally. If my next purchase goes well then i will recommend them to others (but of course will advise accordingly about the reviews online). Could they be changing gears? Becoming more customer oriented. Time will tell i guess.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
I am pleased that you received your camera. The company has attracted a lot of negative feedback from most feedback sites. I assume that this company is genuinely set up to provide goods-it is just that they are not very good at customer relations. Internet companies promise the earth and when they do not deliver the service as promised, there is no leeway as far as the customer is concerned. If the service is not up the expectations of the users then it is easy to give negative feedback. Companies for this reson should do everything they can to avoid giving poor service. I personally prefer to deal with companies that use UK law. Lawyers will tell you that there is not much point in pursuing a claim against a non UK company because of the cost. Some unscrupulous companies are UK registered and using US law for example in their Terms and Conditions. Always read the small print! Obviously the protection you have is with your credit card company (if it is over £100).