Roofing Contract

PAC74

Sep 6, 2011
Could anyone advise me please? I took out a contract with a local roofing company to replace a garage roof and sideway on the basis that it was to start on an estimated date. At the time of taking out the contract I stressed verbally and in written format that I wanted the work to go ahead asap. This has yet to happen and despite weather etc they are being very reluctant to agree a firm date for beginning the project. I really feel that I need an actual date as I have other commitments - not least work!! The 7 day cooling off period has now passed (this was before the estimated start date) and I have spoken to them in addition to emailing them but still no firm date. Could anyone please advise? No money has yet been exchanged as they asked for payment on completion.

Thank you.

PAC74

Sep 6, 2011
Hello

Thank you for your reply. The contract states the description of work to be carried out, agreed price, estimated start date, approximate completion date with terms and conditions (3 pages in total) and notice of right to Cancel attached.

Kind regards.

PAC74

Sep 6, 2011
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I am unable to email the contract to the confidentiality clauses.

I have emailed/phoned them again now and they say they will start Mon 12 September. Fingers crossed!: