Bought a 53 plate corsa and within 10 minutes it broke! help!

Claireb22

Sep 10, 2011
Bought a 53 plate corsa last night from a trader, it was meant to have had some work done on the petrol cap before collecting, this was not done thursday and was agreed to be done for Friday which it was not done. Collected it anyway and agreed it would go back tuesday. I drove it for 10 minutes and noticed a fault on the steering (poss steering rack), we did test drive the car, but the issue is only on bumpy roads. I returned to the garage where they said they would look at Tuesday and it was safe as it had just passed an MOT.
I have since gone back and asked for a refund as I don't trust the car and do not wish to have it. They have said they won't give me my money back, but would repair it. I do not want the car repaired I just want a refund. As far as I can see it was not sold in a satisfactory standard or fit for purpose and this issue would have been picked up on driving the car for the MOT! I have left the car there and refused a loan car, they agreed to call Trading Standard's Monday find out their rights as they think they can just repair it and that would be that. Can I get a refund do you think?