Right to Cancel Virgin Media Contract ?Am I right?

dpn

Sep 22, 2011
I have moved my services from A house to B house and gave Virgin the notice for the same.I told them the date I will be at address B to receive their services.
1.I was told that since I am moving house ,I will have get into a contract first I chose 18 months and then I selected 12 months.
2.When I moved to address B I allowed Virgin to install services on 6 sep 2011.
3.After few days I referred to the Virgin Contract sent to me dated 11 Aug at address B and the point is I had not moved at this address till 6 Sept.
4.After reading the contract ,I realised that I had seven days to cance contract,when I called Virgin on 10 they said its not possible ,as I am not a new customer and I have
moved my services and also not taken any new services at this address so i cant cancel.
5.After Seven days I again argued that Virgin has sent me letter along with contract which states that I have a 28 days Happiness guarantee over and above the 7 days option to cancel
6.No where in the letter sent to me states that I am not eligble for any of the cancellation because I am not a new customer.
7.My question is ,Is Virgin right ,Can I challenge them,Eve though I was an existing customer they sent me a contract letter with this additional letter.