New Kitchen Rip-off

rogerthemick

Oct 4, 2011
I was going too post about the theft of £1275 from me and my wife, paid in good faith, in cash to a company which doen not answer the phone or reply to emails. This company delivered short, and then demanded more money to complete the order. They have not even attempted tp resolve the situation, are not listed in Companies House and are unreachable. I thought this would be a good place to start until I looked at your (paid for, sponsors) advertising. Guess what, the company is one of your advertisers...ie Kitchens Uber. Yes...the very same company that has stolen our money is one of your sponsors.
What hope for fairness then, or your credibility?
None I would suggest.
I reccommend you look at Who Calls Me and 08712000410 to see what Im talking about.
Yours etc,
R. Clegg

rogerthemick

Oct 4, 2011
Thank you for your reply,
Yes, we have the signed floor plan and delivery documentation. Right now Im at an impasse. Not knowing whether to reinstall the old kitchen.(thankfully carefully removed by myself) or wait to reach a resolution.The following info is cut and pasted from a reply received from trading standards.

Mr Clegg
The kitchen company at unit 32 Cariocca Business Park 2 Sawley Road left at the end of July with no forwarding address. Consumer advice and information in Manchester is now provided by Consumer Direct. Consumer Direct is a telephone and online consumer advice service that is supported by local authorities in the North West, and by the Office of Fair Trading.

I would like to thank you again for your interest and reply.

Yours,
Roger Clegg

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
rogerthemick

I will contact admin regarding the advertising as I agree it does not look good. In defence I have never heard of this company before. There must be thousands of kitchen companies and knowing what each one is up to is nigh impossible. Now you have made me aware I will do whatever I can.

I notice that the website has no address, company info etc. This is illegal in its own right. I have checked the domain name and it is registered to a Mr Nigel Corry in the USA. Many others appear to have been ripped off by this company.

If buying over the web every one should do basic checks unless it is a well trusted company. If the company refuses payment by credit cards-don't touch it. The easiest thing to do is google the company name and see what comes up. Complaints always come on the first few pages it seems.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Nov 16, 2011
All those unfortunate victims of Future Kitchens, KitchensUber, Rock Solid Kitchens you must look at this page and read posts, will open your eyes: VANCE-MILLER-MUST-BE-STOPPED on Facebook, just google it, as i am unable to post link.
Regards
V.

thelegalizer

Jan 18, 2012
Wow this seems to be a massive scam. I'm currently working on a new BBC show called The Legalizer and will definitely make sure we look into this...

jo g wales

Jan 28, 2012
Just going through a similar hell with Kitchen Units, another name for Kitchens Uber. When after numerous phone calls to their useless customer services, I asked them if they had googled their company lately and the like of Vance Miller and Martin Sersen and she said 'yes, and the people who are trying to get money out of us didn't read it their plans'. I had two different coloured kitchens and a dented sink, I have managed to fix the problems myself even though they are coming here supposedly on Tuesday woth replacements. They will not refund or anything only give credit notes. The fitter they organised did not turn up and I am glad as when I got my own fitter the measurements were so wrong the kitchen would not have fitted.. By the end will probably have cost double... This and all these companies ought to shut down and the judge who let Vance Miller off disbarrred! So if you are making a programme, please do, but good luck as he has managed to avoid every other one..

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Just going through a similar hell with Kitchen Units, another name for Kitchens Uber. When after numerous phone calls to their useless customer services, I asked them if they had googled their company lately and the like of Vance Miller and Martin Sersen and she said 'yes, and the people who are trying to get money out of us didn't read it their plans'. I had two different coloured kitchens and a dented sink, I have managed to fix the problems myself even though they are coming here supposedly on Tuesday woth replacements. They will not refund or anything only give credit notes. The fitter they organised did not turn up and I am glad as when I got my own fitter the measurements were so wrong the kitchen would not have fitted.. By the end will probably have cost double... This and all these companies ought to shut down and the judge who let Vance Miller off disbarrred! So if you are making a programme, please do, but good luck as he has managed to avoid every other one..
I would just like to defend the judge here in the Vance Miller case, The OFT was unable to provide evidence of any breaches of the Stop Now legislation prior to 2006, resulting in there having to have to be an assumption of no breaches, regardless of gossip or instinct. Vance Miller however was given a £90,000 fine and a suspended sentence due to the breaches after 2006..
And as for the fraud situation, the evidence was flawed due to the TSO making the case personal, which you simply cannot do..
Anyhow, as to your situation, did you not fight your corner or get legal advice? Supply of Goods and Services Act? Sale of Goods Act? Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations?

jo g wales

Jan 28, 2012
The bottom line is this crook is still being allowed to trade in various company names and identities, the fact that he continues to supply unmatching kitchens, poorly planned and measurements so far out that you're lucky to have anything resembling what you ordered. I was told this week my one of his customer service people at Kitchen Units that the people who are trying to get money out of them didn't read their plans.. i have spoken to 4 different people there today following another delivery of crap to replace the last load of crap they sent. they admitted they are struggling to match end panels and plinths so why are they selling them as complete kitchens? If they manufacture them as they tell me they do, why haven't they got all the parts that match? No answers to this from them.

Yes I am taking them as far as I can, have written to trading standards, and am talking to my solicitor this week as to what else can be done.. But I have spoken to other people and they have got judgements against his companies and he STILL doesn't pay up... so how is he going to be stopped and how much longer is he going to allowed to keep on ripping people off!

anu

Feb 19, 2012
Last week a guy named D.Miller from kitchen Units,Uber kitchen visited our home and gave us good and cheap quote for our new kitchen which was too good to be true...but then we gave him £100 in cash advance as he demanded only cash!!But after reading all the reviews online we decided to cancel the order and sent cancellation form to the address mentioned on quotation form by recorded delivery.But now as I have been tracking the form it says failed delivery as the address is wrong..which means address was fake!!
How come this guy is allowed to cheat innocent people??How can I get my money back??Please help!!!

jo g wales

Jan 28, 2012
Hi Anu
The Kitchen Units address is:

No 2 Arrow Mill, Queensway, Rochdale, OL11 2QN, tel no 0161 669 4785.

Unfortunately, looking at all the posts I think it is probably unlikely you will get any money back from them. The only thing I can suggest is that when they organise delivery refuse it so at least you won't have to pay them any more, and call the police if necessary as the people who deliver although seemingly nice, I suspect can turn nasty fairly quickly.

I have no joy from them at all in sorting out my kitchen and it has cost me more to mae it right and luckily a really good fitter. Their 20 days for putting things right which is in the contract is up next week so I will be reporting them to trading standards and taking them to small claims for the excess I have had to pay. However, having spoken to someone from the 'Vance Miller must be stopped' page on facebook , they never pay up and noone seems to be able to touch this idiot who just continues to rip people off.

Goggs13

Sep 30, 2013
Similar situation to me however I am still awaiting my refund this man needs to be stopped It cannot be acceptable to rip people off In this manner

Pinkjaybird

Nov 15, 2013
Hello,

I've only just googled this company and come up with all of the complaints! I have had a great service form them until the kitchen was actually being installed and the builder informed me that I have many surplus base units. These cost £260 each and when I called to ask about them - and the corner unit I was supposed to have I was met with no help whatsoever and was told that I was not able to get a refund as I signed for the goods.

When the salesman, Nick, sold the kitchen to me, and made the plan - it didn't seem like there was any surplus ordered. Nick advised me to not buy appliances through them and to have the kitchen fitted by an external company as their fitters were very expensive. I thought better of paying the £100 deposit in cash to Nick but he assured me that I could apply within 7 days for a refund if i wanted to change my mind.

I looked at other prices around and as it was the best price, i stuck with it. The builder has let me know that the carcasses for the units are not good quality, extremely hard to fit and they are in fact a pale lilac colour!

I rang up again yesterday as the email on the website bounces back and was given this email to send my complaint to: lancashireinteriorhomedesigns - at - gmail.com
This matches the logo on the order sheet I have. Before receiving my order I had a couple friendly calls from the company to check everything was ok so that made me reassured they were a decent company to use. After reading all of the complaints I'm extremely worried! I doubt I will get any money back and have all of these kitchen panels I have nothing to do with!