Who should undertake repair?

paradisemerton

Oct 23, 2011
I bought a new Galaxy S2 smartphone online from Expansys.com in June. It has been superb but a week ago suddenly went into "flight mode" which disables the phone network. So, a great bit of portable computer kit but it doesn't work as a phone!
I have googled this problem and it seems to be quite commonplace but even restoring to factory defaults does not fix it, requires repair or replacement.
I have been in touch with expansys who refer me to Samsung although their website does show they will deal with the matter but warns of significant delays and additional costs - my postage would be refunded with a "shop" credit, for example.
Can they do this? would I be better to go directly to Samsung?

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
paradisemerton

The phone is not yet six months old so if Expansys disagree it was faulty when you bought it they have to provide proof that it was caused by an external cause.

They by law have to repair it within a reasoanble time and if they can't you are entitled to a replacement or refund minus the use your have (recission).

Ask them what they consider significant and it they are significant they have to comply with SOGA 1979. See some of my earlier replies (faulty camera lens) for similar situations.