http://www.knowyourbody.tv - scam

duraidw

Oct 24, 2011
I have bought Food Allergy Test for £300 and they said with 28 days you will get your results back. and now been over 3 months and half and i didnt get nothing. I have called them no one answer the phone. I have written letters no one replies. Their address is just post box so you don't know where they based and how run the company. Very sad to see such companies trade in the UK.

trickygj

May 31, 2010
Cheshire
www.richardgjohnson.co.uk
duraidw

can you not claim on your credit card?

I have had a quick look at this site and it is breaking the law. It has absolutely no company details as far as I can see.

I know you do not want to hear this but never trade with a website that does not have its full company information shown.

duraidw

Oct 24, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will call the bank today and see if i can get my money back.

Thanks again.

duraidw

can you not claim on your credit card?

I have had a quick look at this site and it is breaking the law. It has absolutely no company details as far as I can see.

I know you do not want to hear this but never trade with a website that does not have its full company information shown.

thelegalizer

Jan 18, 2012
Hi there

I am currently working for a new BBC1 series called THE LEGALIZER and we are looking to get in touch with people who are having consumer issues. I wonder how you got on with this company in the end?

Lizzie

duraidw

Oct 24, 2011
Hi there

I am currently working for a new BBC1 series called THE LEGALIZER and we are looking to get in touch with people who are having consumer issues. I wonder how you got on with this company in the end?

Lizzie
Through groupon i bought the voucher from them. Got my first letter to send the hair samples which i did after that nothings happens. no results no replies no nothing.

Ally

Mar 14, 2012
Essex
www.redmemorybox.co.uk
I bought a Groupon voucher in August 2011. I chased knowyourbody.tv a few times with the online contact form (as there was never any answer from the phone numbers) and only ever got a 'robot response' email. I eventually went to Groupon who must have done something as I finally received my "test" beginning February 2012 (!) which was a form and a plastic bag for a hair sample. I was a bit suspect of the form (although must add I was already very suspect of the company by now). I had some queries about what to put for a couple of the questions, such as why are they asking what allergies I already have if they are the sort of company they are, they should already be able to tell, and I wanted a fresh view it having been about 5 years since my last test.

I tried telephoning both numbers and emailing and never received any response. I contacted Groupon who said that KnowYourBody.tv have changed their email and telephone numbers (but these weren't updated on the website). The email is a hotmail one, which is very iffy for a company to have a non-company email. By now, I've had enough and ask Groupon for a refund. They say I have to have the go ahead from knowyourbody, which after contacting them, I still haven't got.

And today I saw that knowyourbody are doing another deal with Groupon, ready for other unsuspecting customers to part with money they'll never see again.

Ally

Mar 14, 2012
Essex
www.redmemorybox.co.uk
Hi there

Lizzie
Not sure if you've seen my previous post, but I sent the link to this thread to Groupon and they were actually just advertising a new deal with KnowYourBody. Also, that they should do something to stop the new deal they'd just started with them.

I said that in light of this thread, that was proving it was a scam, I expected a response from them about a refund asap, and they actually have given me a refund!

Hope this is helpful to others who have gotten this through Groupon - pester them and they will give you a refund.

Trancelmania

May 3, 2012
Hi all i have some very interesting response to this. I also bought this deal but from wowcher.co.uk the deal is still active as i speak on many other deal sites. I have contacted the legalizer from the bbc as well as trade and standars to tell them what i have found. Basically i copy and pasted some of the testimonials from know your body into google & lo & behold the same testimonials was on another site. I contacted the site in question yorktest.com which does look professional and they confirmed they are using their testimonials without permission. Wocher have just told me they will look into it and the operator i spoke to personally said he's heard no bad feedback about knowyourbody.tv but the dates of the posts in this forum show that they where posted way before the recently expired deal with wowcher so either this company is an expert scamer and or wowcher may not be doing their research properly, i found this site easy enough by simply typing into google... "knowyourbody.tv scam" I hope wowcher do the right thing and reimburse me the full amount and not store credit but full payment. I like wowcher and would hate to have to part over this. They said they must contact the company first so i am gonna wait on wowcher's reply but i will not rest till i get the full amount back. I will be getting good news mark my words. I will let you know the outcomes of all this but here's the info & findings i emailed because i for one have nothing to hide.

Hi Andrew its David here about knowyourbody.tv scam site. I have a lot of information to get through so apologies if it is confusing but feel free to email or phone me back if you have any questions. Firstly thanks for the positive helpful phone call we just had as I feel like I am getting somewhere.

Ok firstly I shall explain what happened. I receive regular emails from voucher companies I am subscribed to because I like a bargain like everyone. Just over 3 weeks ago around the 11th April 2012 I received an email from one of these companies which is wowcher.co.uk they had an offer on for DNA hair testing analysis for allergies/intolerance’s from this company knowyourbody.tv Being someone who has health concerns I can’t seem to get to the bottom of I jumped at the chance of the advertised reduction price and since wowcher.co.uk is a legitimate site (even has TV adverts) I never thought that the company they was dealing with was a scam so I bought the voucher deal that day. After all it says on wowcher.co.uk/aboutus.html and I quote

“We only sell stuff we would want to buy ourselves!

What's the point of offering you a deal on something we wouldn't buy ourselves? We believe in honesty and so a great price isn't everything - it's also got to be a great product or service. We have top business partners and unbeatable prices, so you should feel comfortable venturing out and trying something new simply because we have featured it as a Wowcher.”

So as you can see I had no initial reason to fear. It was only after I bought the deal and checked out the site knowyourbody.tv that I started to get concerned. The site didn’t look professional enough on close inspection. For example where are the terms and conditions & privacy policy links at the bottom of the site like most professional sites. Why was their links all over the site to other products you have to purchase? Why did the Facebook widget only have one like clicked? And also they aint even on Facebook anyway I've checked. They didn’t have a list of the actual things they test against and they also didn’t have any dummy test results like other sites have. I went ahead and sent my voucher details to them from the voucher page on their site knowyourbody.tv/kyb-store/yourtest to see what happened. I got my mail later that week or next and still have the form. It was a form asking some questions on a A4 print out with an address and instructions for a tiny plastic bag to put hair clippings in. I phoned up for more info since I have shaved hair. Most companies don’t instantly say you need to speak to the manager when you ask them basic information like what is the correct procedure for the hair clipping? She says you need to speak to Richard. I say so the manager who’s always busy needs to speak to all the customers who phone with basic questions does he well how does he get anything done then? She can’t answer anything I put to her. I hang up and phone consumer direct and speak to trade and standards (my trade & standards reference number for this btw is ********)
The bag and leaflet didn’t come with any company info, or brochure info id expect. It looked very suspect indeed. I can scan it to send it should u need to check whether any of the info on it is also copied from yourselves. Any ways I have not sent the form back because If the company is a scam like I believe it is I don’t want them having my DNA. I don’t know what they plan to use it for. I then phoned trade and standards and have just moments ago phoned them again to tell them about what I found out today too. Anyways after I phoned them I dug around further and there is many people saying it is a scam. Here is a link which first made me think I’ve gone and wasted £80 that I aint got to waste. whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/scam-alerts/16780-http-www-knowyourbody-tv-scam.html

So I then continued to dig around more. So I Google mapped the address of the company from this page knowyourbody.tv/know-your-body/contact-us the building that they supposedly reside in, is tiny and just doesn’t look like somewhere that would do hair testing. I asked the so called "receptionist" what companies carry out the testing and where? she said we do at this address, i said which address? she gave me the address that i mentioned above which i google street viewed. The company says and I quote

“We have access to a broad network of health professionals, offering many different services in addition to those listed on this website, so please do not hesitate to contact us to see what we can do for you either by phone or at info @ knowyourbody.tv

So I again phoned up the number for them and strangely I get through to the same person as I did the other day. She again answers “ hello know your body” now call it coincidence but why don’t I get through to a different operator this time? I ask. I am the receptionist she says. Yes but I can hear other people on phones in background? (which sound the same as the day before btw) they are the other companies in this building she says. I am the receptionist for the companies of the building she says. But I thought you were know your body’s receptionist? I ask. No I don’t work for know your body she says but the whole building. Why then I ask do you answer the phone with the greeting “hello know your body” then? She can’t give me an answer and repeats the same thing she always repeats several times which was u need to speak to Richard he’s the manager. I have asked to be put through on several occasions but each time “Richard” is apparently, busy, out, or in a meeting so I must give my details and she says he will contact me. I gave her my first name and email address. She says or you can email him on his direct email info @ knowyourbody.tv why doesn’t his email have his name? is this his direct email? I ask. yes she says I don’t know why he doesn’t have a name as part of it. What is your name & details I ask. She says I am the receptionist. I say surely you can give me company details then and prove you are who you say you are? Can you prove this? You need to speak to Richard she says again and won’t give me her name. I say what are your duties what do you actually do? She can’t give me an answer so I ask to be put through to a different department or person. I can only get the manager she says but he is currently busy. i hang up.

I receive an email from info @ knowyourbody.tv which says and I quote

“Hi David,

In response to your question, the hair can simply be cut and will be fine. Hope this helps.

Yours, KnowYourBody”

One of their emails to me says word press and is sent to my jink email folder. I look up word press and its some widget or something, don’t know if this is relevant coz not sure exactly what word press do or is but just saying in case its needed.

I’ve recently replied asking for company details… wonder what if anything they’ll respond with.

I then had an idea to copy and paste their testimonials into Google and that’s where your company comes in. It came up with a copy of the same testimonial from a “Catherine Harper”. Here are the two separate links knowyourbody.tv/know-your-body/testimonials & yorktest.com/en/success-stories/success-story-details/CatherineHarper.html?ContentID=5 I straight away phoned your company and got through to Andrew. I told him the story and he asked me to email him with this email. He said they are using testimonials from their site. I am sending these details to wowcher as well as yourself and the legalizer on BBC in the hope that I am fully reimbursed. They are also on many other voucher sites with deals that currently are still running…. Have a look google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=DNA+food+%26+non-food+intolerance+testing+forover+600+allergens+inc.+nutritional+assessmentfrom+Know+Your+Body+(worth+%C2%A3320).#hl=en&safe=active&sa=X&ei=5JiiT6DnOcbV4QSnweiJCQ&ved=0CEMQBSgA&q=DNA+food+%26+non-food+intolerance+testing+for+over+600+allergens+inc.+nutritional+assessment+form+Know+Your+Body+(worth+%C2%A3320).&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=afd4068d3a46f60a&biw=1366&bih=650 I am yet to check your site out but if you are as good as Andrew says I will gladly appreciate you getting the right test for me to help me with my health concerns.

Trancelmania

May 3, 2012
Hi everyone i have received an email back from wowcher. I will post to you here what they said...

Good afternoon David

Thank you for your email.

We do strive to check out deals before they go live to make sure they offer good value for money and suitable discounts, however, after receiving your email, there does seem to be some cause for concern. I have forwarded your email onto our Scheduling Team and also our Chief Operating Officer for them to look into further.

I have arranged a full refund of £79 to be credited back to whichever payment method you used, please allow up to 7 working days for receipt. If your card has expired or been cancelled you will receive the refund in the form of a cheque which can take up to a further 5 days to arrive.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you had to contact us about this and also for any distress or inconvenience caused.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times,

Clare Craven
Wowcher Customer Services Manager

kanell

May 14, 2012
i just googled this company scam as I bought vouchers as well last month and have still not recieved anything no reply to email cant get hold of anyone. I wished id found out earlier im not sure how i can get money back
is it throuigh wowcher or groupon I complain to ?
help

Trancelmania

May 3, 2012
i just googled this company scam as I bought vouchers as well last month and have still not recieved anything no reply to email cant get hold of anyone. I wished id found out earlier im not sure how i can get money back
is it throuigh wowcher or groupon I complain to ?
help
Hi Kanell wowcher & groupon are two separate companies, which one did you buy it from? Even though i bought it from wowcher i did send an email to groupon about my experience with all above information because i know they too operate or operated with knowyourbody.tv I also sent an email to kgbdeals. They sent me a msg back saying thanks for the email they will send to their support team to look into.

Anyways i suggest leaving a voice mail & another email saying you have evidence that this company is a scam and you can point them to my msg here. If its wowcher you got it from like me then i suggest quoting to them the refund details they sent to me. Tell them you know they have refunded me the full £79 back to my bank account so why should there be any exceptions in your case? I never sent kyb.tv my hair sample in the post because i didnt want a scam company having access to my dna, who knows what they would use it for, could plant it at the scene of a crime or something i dont know. so tell them that you have sent your hair/blood sample off and you are not happy such a compelling scam company has access to these details about you. Maybe even leave the message directly for Clare Craven
Wowcher Customer Services Manager. Make sure you express your utter most determination to expose this company through what ever means necessary like i did.

kanell

May 14, 2012
actually I got the vouchers for know your body was one from wowcher and other wahanda what a plonker I have been I should have waitied for results before wanting to test the rest of my family this is tragic as i cant afford to loose money like this
I called wowcher just now and the person I spoke to was unaware of the scam situation he said he will email company but I said I need refund as obviously a sam I also mentioned the email posted on here from a wowcher manager
will wait and see what will happen as was told cant refund as shows as voucher been redeemed
did anyone get results?

kanell

May 14, 2012
actually I got the vouchers for know your body was one from wowcher and other wahanda what a plonker I have been I should have waitied for results before wanting to test the rest of my family this is tragic as i cant afford to loose money like this
I called wowcher just now and the person I spoke to was unaware of the scam situation he said he will email company but I said I need refund as obviously a sam I also mentioned the email posted on here from a wowcher manager
will wait and see what will happen as was told cant refund as shows as voucher been redeemed
did anyone get results?
sorry just see your reply to me I did mention the email you sent im just now going to call wahanda I casnt belive iv been scammed normally never happens to me and to know who has my dna and families im totally scared now

Trancelmania

May 3, 2012
did anyone get results?
I aint heard of wahanda, sory to hear this. don't beat yourself up about it just learn from it i guess. Anyway don't accept that response from wowcher. I reedemed my voucher. I didnt send the hair off but i reedemed the voucher on their site. So Tell them you don't accept this response for two reasons, A) i have been refunded whilst i still redeemed voucher so you should not be treated differently and B) the person you spoke to should put you through to someone who does know about this company because as you can see from my earlier post claire craven from wowcher has actually said in her reply ' there does seem to be some cause for concern. I have forwarded your email onto our Scheduling Team and also our Chief Operating Officer for them to look into further.' so my evidence should be logged somewhere in fact this is my order number in her reply email 'Order no 250229' so quote that order number it surely has to be referenced on their accounts with details. If they truly have looked into it like they say then it should be evidenced. tell them you dont except that wowcher does not know about this company being a scam and that you are keeping a record of all responses for legal purposes. Tell them that if you are repeatedly told they have no knowledge of this company being a scam that you and I personally dispute this and are keeping trade and standards highly informed.

kanell

May 14, 2012
I aint heard of wahanda, sory to hear this. don't beat yourself up about it just learn from it i guess. Anyway don't accept that response from wowcher. I reedemed my voucher. I didnt send the hair off but i reedemed the voucher on their site. So Tell them you don't accept this response for two reasons, A) i have been refunded whilst i still redeemed voucher so you should not be treated differently and B) the person you spoke to should put you through to someone who does know about this company because as you can see from my earlier post claire craven from wowcher has actually said in her reply ' there does seem to be some cause for concern. I have forwarded your email onto our Scheduling Team and also our Chief Operating Officer for them to look into further.' so my evidence should be logged somewhere in fact this is my order number in her reply email 'Order no 250229' so quote that order number it surely has to be referenced on their accounts with details. If they truly have looked into it like they say then it should be evidenced. tell them you dont except that wowcher does not know about this company being a scam and that you are keeping a record of all responses for legal purposes. Tell them that if you are repeatedly told they have no knowledge of this company being a scam that you and I personally dispute this and are keeping trade and standards highly informed.
Thank you for this info I will do
Many thanks

HFHS

Jul 10, 2012
HI

How is everyone getting on with this one? For anyone who would like more information, the guy who runs knowyourbody is called Richard Etches and he also has another company called mindandbodytraining.com. There are at least two pieces of information on the knowyourbody site which have been lifted from other sites, from companies who do not do testing on his behalf, mine being one of them.

HFHS

Jul 10, 2012
Hi

I've just placed a new post regarding knowyourbody which may be of interest.

Last edited: