Faulty Handset

toni richardson

Nov 15, 2011
hi, my daughter has a blackberry torch on contract which she has had just under 6 months, about a month ago the center button stopped working but other than that the phone was fine, the phone was purchased from phones 4 u who told us it was worth £430, because of the expense of the phone I thought it was only right that it be repaired, so we took it back to phones 4 u who then sent it off for repair, we have just received the phone back saying it was moisture damaged but not only that the phone does now not work at all!! it comes up with a white screen saying 'No Application Linked (Factory OS)', we took it back to phones 4 u who basically said there was nothing that could be done, the salesman then went on to show us a red dot under the battery proving that it was liquid damage, the thing is when my daughter originally took it in she said the young girl who dealt with it took the battery off the phone to have a look but never once mentioned anything about a red dot, so to me if the dot was red when they had a look (which my daughter said it wasn't) then why would they even send it off when they could of told her there and then that it was liquid damage (if this was actually the case) when i asked phones 4 u about this they fobbed me off by saying the young girl was just a trainee and wouldn't of known!! I then asked why it has come back not working at all if it only got sent in for the center button not working? He then fobbed me off again by saying when they open up the phone the moisture spreads and has damaged the phone further!!

This to me seems like a load of bull because if it is easily proved that it is moisture damage by the red dot, then why would the repair center even bother to open up the phone if the red dot says it all??

I am completely dissatisfied as phones 4 u are now saying that they are not going to do anything more about this, so my daughter is now left with a phone for a further 18 month contract which she cannot use, but where do i go from here?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.