unhappy

gixer

Jan 12, 2012
i bought a car off a dealer he told me the noise on clutch was thrust bearing and i should take warrenty out on it i had car three weeks then gearbox went on it and waranty woudnt pay out so he agreed to put it right i payed a local firm to take it back to him and he told my brother wen asked about cluth it would be unfinanshly job not to replace while gearbox was getting done ive now had car back and have found out he hasnt done clutch and its making a noise im unhappy have i got right on this ?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
What reason did they give for not fixing it under warranty? can't see any circumstances in which a gearbox would not be covered although wearable parts like clutch and brakes often aren't on second hand cars so I feel you have been mis-sold the warranty.

If he knew the clutch was going at the point of sale, pointed this out to you and you still bought the car, you cannot hold him responsible, apart from mis-selling a warranty of course.

gixer

Jan 12, 2012
hi he has replaced gearbox but not clutch and he told me it was just the thrust bearing that was making the noise since then ive asked a garage and they hav said its the dual mass flywheel i wouldnt of bought car if i new that cheers

gixer

Jan 12, 2012
hi ive been in contact with him every time i ring the man that sold me the car is never there so the other man say so ive said im not happy with the service and what hes prepared to do to correct it and ive told him i will ring again tomorrow and if no result then i will seek legal action so im just hoping he sorts it