Refund on Faulty Furniture

unclepeter

Feb 2, 2012
Hi
I have a lazboy power recliner leather chair.
after owning it for 7 months we noticed a problem with the frame and reported this to the retailer last October.
In November 2011 a Technician from Lazboy turned up inspected the chair declaring that it required a new frame which would have to be ordered from China!
After a large number of calls to both supplier and manufacturer we have found that they ordered the wrong part and are still waiting for the correct item.
Again they have promised me delivery 'next week'!
Bearing in mind it is now February and we have had to sit looking at a useless chair all over Xmas I have told the supplier that I am insisting on my rights, as a consumer, to replacement, repair or refund.
As I paid for this chair by Mastercard, can I demand a refund from my credit card company and let them deal with it?
Regards
Peter

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
You could get in touch with your credit card company providing the item costs over £100 (sorry, I don't know what a lazyboy is :) ),
However, I would consider contacting the retailer once more, possibly in writing informing them of the actions you are going to take.. This way it should kick them in the behind a bit, as they'll not want you to take it up with your credit card company.. And will hopefully get it sorted for you.