Plusnet Fibre cancel after 2 weeks

VeryAngry

Feb 13, 2012
Hi,

I have taken out Plusnet Fibre broadband just under two weeks ago. I have had issues with connection speed, unable to stream content from the main 4 TV channels catch up TV and the ability to watch Love Film on demand. Also it has taken 3 days to download a game off X-Box Live because the connection keeps resetting.

Now I had ADSL with a different service provider before and could stream no problem and download X-Box live game content. So I have done it before and not had problems.

So with all this aggro I tried to cancel the contract because the service provided was sub-standard i.e I could not use the internet connection for what I wanted to use it for and is not what Plusnet says it i.e Plusnet recommend fibre for streaming HD films.

Plusnet want to charge me 200 pounds to come out of the contract.

I am playing support ping pong, backwards and forwards can you try this etc. This is done on-line as it is a 20 minute wait to get through on the phone. I am fed up with having an internet connection that cannot be used for anything other than standard web pages.

Surely because my connection problems have not been fixed and the service is new I have some sort of recourse?a

Anyone been through this?

Thanks

VeryAngry

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You have a contract with them to provide you with a usable connection to meet the agreed standard, if it fails, they are in breach of contract. Companies sometimes have to be reminded that contracts work both ways, if they keep their part of the bargain you'll keep yours.

Tell them quite clearly you are only willing to continue if they meet the terms on which they sold you the service, misselling is in breach of the law.

chrisparr

Feb 14, 2012
Hi VeryAngry,

Sorry to hear you've been having problems, I'm happy to get someone from here to take ownership of your issues and work to resolve them? All I'd need is a way to identify your account (a ticket number would be ideal as it's not personal information).

It sounds like you've got a fault on the service rather than the service not being up to standard, this happens on some lines and we are more than happy to help fix the issues.

*I see you've posted similar on our Community site, I'll get one of the team to pick this up from there and get in touch with you.

Kind Regards,

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
You may well have a fault on the line as stated by their support here,
Can I suggest you also look at what terms the contract was agreed on - specifically download speeds and upload speeds.
You can then compare this to what you are actually getting.
To find out what you're getting, go on Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and do a speed check (free of course)

Though advertised speeds can be advertised provided that 10% of customers can achieve this. Though if your speeds are falling so foul, you can use this to your advantage as evidence of shoddy service.

VeryAngry

Feb 13, 2012
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Plusnet have contacted me by phone and I have someone investigating the problem.

I will keep you posted.

eyezandearz

Apr 29, 2012
Do you know, I dont work for them, but was transferred to plusnet from Vodafone. I was a little apprehensive to be honest, but its gone ok. no problems so far... fingers crossed.