SecondHand Car Deal

dalesanders28

Feb 24, 2012
Hi All.
Im Dale and was after some guidance please and other peoples comments.
i have a court date on 22nd March, to determine the reapir of my car i bought from a second hand car deal.
i was driving home and within 2 hours of purchasing the car, the engine management light came on, because it was late i got home and took it too my local mechanic the next morning, only for him to discover it needed a new DPF and was going to cost me alot of money. i rung the dealer and he wasnt prepaired to help me only to offer me a warrenty to repair the costs. i followed this matter up with letters and seeking advise from consumer direct with no response asking them to simply repair the costs. meanwhile i had get the car recovered to carry out a full diaognostic checks from the main dealer and was advised not to drive the car at all. the results came back and it totalled neally £4,000 to repair. i sent more letters to the dealer with no reponse. i had no choice to file a claim to court. A few days later i heard from the dealer saying the car i part exchanged had gone wrong and i had no right to file a court claim whereby they put a counter claim of £700 for the repair of the car i part exchanged.
tomorrow i am going through all my files to submit my defense and presentation to the court on 22nd March.
my main question is will i WIN?
I will appreciate all comments and guidence on this matter as in all honestly i am getting quite worked up and worried about it.
Many Thanks
Dale