Welcome Finance Loan settled in full but still want payment

2hayfield

Mar 10, 2012
I have just puchased a new car and wrote to Welcome Finance to obtain a settlement figure, to which they provided together with a note saying that this figure was only valid for one month and stated the date on which it had to be settled. We were up to date with our weekly payments of £41, and had made a further 3 payments of £41 up to and including the date we settled the final balance. So all in all we had paid £123 over and above the balance due. When all this had paid and settled I then went ahead and cancelled the standing order. They have now had the audacity to keep calling me at home, on my mobile and have written to me several times saying I owe them a further £84 and a further £12 for the cancelled direct debit. They have even called the dealer where I bought the car asking them for more money.

Surely this can't be legal, if they provide a settlement figure in writing and it is paid within that timeframe, surely they cannot come back and ask for more money?

PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE as they are driving me mad and it is making my wife very depressed.

Thanks

Slidingsash

Mar 11, 2012
I have just puchased a new car and wrote to Welcome Finance to obtain a settlement figure, to which they provided together with a note saying that this figure was only valid for one month and stated the date on which it had to be settled. We were up to date with our weekly payments of £41, and had made a further 3 payments of £41 up to and including the date we settled the final balance. So all in all we had paid £123 over and above the balance due. When all this had paid and settled I then went ahead and cancelled the standing order. They have now had the audacity to keep calling me at home, on my mobile and have written to me several times saying I owe them a further £84 and a further £12 for the cancelled direct debit. They have even called the dealer where I bought the car asking them for more money.

Surely this can't be legal, if they provide a settlement figure in writing and it is paid within that timeframe, surely they cannot come back and ask for more money?

PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE as they are driving me mad and it is making my wife very depressed.

Thanks
I had exactly the same experience with Welcome and it took three months and a stack of calls to clear.
To top it off, my credit reports showed the final payment three months late which took another stack of calls and letters to all three agencies to put right. Keep persevering; at least they're not lending money anymore so it shouldn't happen to anyone else.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Write a letter to their complaints department asking them to remove both the outstanding balance and any reference to late payment they have made to the credit reference agencies, they have 8 weeks to respond, if they don't or you are not happy with their response, go to the FOS and let them deal with it.

Complaints Department
Welcome Finance
Kingston House
Centre 27 Business Park
Woodhead Road
Birstall
Batley
WF17 9TD

Include in your letter that you will not accept telephone calls or emails but that they must send any correspondence in writing