phone broke after 2 weeks

ema

Mar 22, 2012
I upgraded my phone 2 weeks ago with 3 network. The phone developed some faults as the touchscreen buttons stopped working. I took the phone back to a three store and to begin with seemed happy to exchange the phone as it is within the first 28 days, however because i didnt keep the box the phone came in they are refusing to exchange the phone and instead want to send it away to be repaired.
I have got my receipt and contract, phone charger, earphones etc that i can return just not the box as i didnt believe i would need it again. I really would rather they exchanged the phone for exactly the same phone model, as i am weary that the phone i am taking back is obviously faulty, and i do not want the phone to keep braking and keep having to go out of my way to get to the three store in Nottingham.
Any help that you give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Emma

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You are under no obligation to keep packaging, they on the other hand, are obliged to provide you with a working phone, for every day they fail to do so, you should claim a discount in your payments equal to the daily charge times the number of days you have been wthout the phone.

It is up to you whether you accept an exchange or repair, not them, they know this although they may tell their staff in outlets differently, take it up with their head office.