Paid by credit card now being chased by seller

lisamzeus

Mar 31, 2012
Hi

I paid a 2000 deposit for a car by credit card. The transaction was NOT declined, i went on a week later to buy the car using a visa debit card. The car was signed over to me and i have a receipt for the car.

The seller (a reptuble dealer) is now chasing me to tell me that the 2000 was not received and that the acounts department now want me to re-authorise payment.

I have checked my credit card statement and it was never charged to me. But but the transation went through when i authorised the deposit to be taken.

Who is liable for the 2000 pounds - it is over two months since i purchased the car and this is the first i have been made aware of it.

Thank you for your help.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
You are liable but you need to check with your CC company that the payment definitely has not gone through.

Once you are sure that the payment isn't pending somewhere in cyberspace or it hasn't gone of another account or any of the other 'errors' tht happen frequently in banking, you should resubmit the payment.

It isn't unusual for a company not to notice a missing payment for a couple of months, it's just normal company accounting practice.