weekend break

clairmc1

May 18, 2012
Hi all looking for some advice plz!
I Booked a weekend break online on monday and paid my 100 deposit or so i thought recieved a voicemail next day from owner of place saying some of details on my card where wrong and they couldnt make the booking!
i never bothered calling back as i found something elsewhere and decided to book there instead i recieved an email from the first company today saying that my booking has been made and 100 deposit has been took from my card :mad:
Will i be entitled to this money back if not will i be liable for full price of holiday!
any advice would be great
Clair x

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
If you haven't cancelled the holiday then yes you are liable. You should have phoned them when you received the message and either clarified the details or cancelled the booking.

Holidays and accommodation aren't covered by DSR either so you aren't covered that way either.

The only thing you can hope for is a cancellation period which means you lose just your deposit, which should only apply to their actual cost, try booking on the day and if they are fully booked, they have relet your room so their costs should be minimal

mcmack

Aug 24, 2012
Definitely look into checking their policy, there might be a few loop holes. It's worth a shot as £100 is a lot of money to lose. In future, if you're booking a holiday, check MyVoucherCodes as there's some really good offers on Travelodge, Hotels.com and even discount codes for British Airways flights too.

MichaelTMackey

Jul 13, 2016
I agree. You should’ve cancelled the book. If you’ve forgotten to do that, then you’re still liable and the amount would be taken off your card.