Central Heating Boiler.

Thomas Percy

May 22, 2012
I had a new Vailliant Eco 18 boiler fitted in September of last year by one of their accredited installers.
The installer told me that the boiler came with a manufacturers five year guarantee and that he would register the new boiler with them.
I rang Valliant in May this year to check that it was registered and was informed that it had not been registered by the installer.
Furthermore, the serial number of my boiler confirmed that it was manufactured in September 2007 !!!
Consequently, my five year manufacturers warranty expires this coming September !!
It looks like the installer got hold of one, or more, "out of date" boilers and has probably installed them with no thought of the consequences regarding the guarantee.
If you are having a new boiler fitted, it may be worth checking that the serial number does not indicate an "out of date" boiler.
Anyone have any advice ?

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
Sounds a bit strange that they can provide a guarantee from the manufacture date rather than the installed date but to be honest I don't know the law on this, if nobody else comes back I would suggest you check with consumer direct, how many boilers would be installed instantly on manufacture?