Eon, trying to rip us off royally any advice?

zzzonked

Jun 3, 2012
Hi there i have been using this website a long time just never actually made an account or felt the need to but i know there is some helpful advice here and i could probably find some answers, well anyway my disabled gran moved into the 1 bed flat next door to me in november last year when her husband died so i could look after her and since she moved in we've had so many problems with Eon.
First one was they refused to put an economy 7 metre in this flat which has overnight storage heaters and water heater, because of previous trouble with tenants they eventually did, once i told them she's disabled and the metre isnt inside the property and she can't go paying the key in all weathers it's ridiculous..
Second i changed company and something went wrong scottish power didnt have the right supply number which meant Eons account didnt close i don't know how that happened but i wouldn't put it past eon to have given them he wrong number, well we stopped paying Eon when scottish power said we had changed company only 3 months later we get a £991 bill from Eon and they were asking why we havnt paid them, now why on earth did they wait three months? and why is that bill so huge well it turns out they changed the metre to a economy 7 metre but not the tariff! and i dont think we are liable at all but i dont know am i correct? i am furious at how they are treating her a elderly disabled customer..

we're stuck with EON unfortunately SP gave us a full refund during the time we was their customer we were happy customers till eon sent a bill, currently changing company's now to edf blue but stuck with eon till then.

but what i want to know is that Eon is in the wrong for not changing the tariff with the metre and resulting in a nearly thousand pound bill for 3 months energy that can't be the customers fault and also the wrong supply number with the change to scottish power saeems a bit coincidental but obviously couldnt be proved.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
They should have changed the tariff once they changed the meter, you need to send a letter of complaint (details on their bills and website) and put the debt in dispute (take it you haven't paid it?) they have 8 weeks to respond, if you don't receive a satisafactory response you can ask the ombusdman to intervene.

Also check the rate hasn't changed because the 'day' rate on economy 7 is higher than the standard rate, they may have been charging you that rate but not lowering it overnight.

dorien

Aug 7, 2012
Just change supplier, it will give you satisfaction and probs a better deal anyway