RED Driving School.

andythumper

Jun 12, 2012
Having booked driving lessons for our son with RED driving school my son had several lessons before he paid £180 in advance and he had one further double lesson. Thus we had £144 of lessons left. The instructor did not turn up for the next lesson and has not been in touch or seen by us since. RED were contacted and said it was between us and the instructor.
RED will not help us in any way whatsoever and so I advise everyone seeking a driving instructor to see what the details/small print are.
We expected as the car had 'RED driving school' on it the instructor worked for them, and any problems we may have had would be with them - We were wrong and RED have washed their hands of the situation.
RED did not give us a contract and again said it was between us and the instructor.
I hope this helps someone.

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hello,
As with many driving instructors, they work just like a franchise, they pay to have the sign slapped on the car - just like McDonalds & many mobile phone shops.

Have you had this problem sorted, or are you needing advice?

andythumper

Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for your reply. I now know about what you have said, but at the same time if I see an RAC/AA breakdown van I expect it to be the RAC/AA I am dealing with. The other problem I have is RED will not tell me where the instructor lives so I could consider writing to him ( D.P apparently ).
Thanks again.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I think, if they are permitting him to trade under their name but refusing to give you contact details for him, they should be willing to contact him on your behalf, alternatively you could request his contact details for a court case or you will forward theirs as a contact for the court.

Red have a very bad reputation for taking instructors money and providing no business, they have to take responsibility somewhere

andythumper

Jun 12, 2012
RED have said they have tried to contact him but have not had a reply from him (maybe they know something). I have asked RED in the last week for an update but I have had no reply from them so no nearer knowing how I can proceed. Without an address for the instructor how can I go to court for a small claims court order if they don't know where to serve it?
Thanks for everyones help. Much appreciated.